Monday, September 21, 2009

No Board Meeting Is Required...

Each season we receive numerous repeat calls of messages left on the answering machine. They are usually moms who don't want to take the time to visit the web site to find out prices, numbers of kids, availability, etc. So they waste time by calling five and six times and leaving stupid messages like: "What do I do if one of my five children doesn't want to come to Dry Gulch, but would rather go camping"? Or: " I might not have enough room for all the kids in my car. How should we get there?" Or my personal favorite: " Is this better than Chuck E Cheese, or Spalsh Lagoon? Believe me... we are highly entertained by these messages, but we do not have that kind of time to dignify them via a return phone call. It's actually quite simple (as thousands of teachers and parents have properly discovered). First: visit the web site http://www.townofdrygulch.com/ click on the type of event, e.g.: Birthday Party, Field Trip, Private Party, and read the fees, length of time, and numbers of children attending. Then: give us a call (716) 769-9888 and leave these magic words on the answering machine: I would like to book an event during the month of_________, for Mr. or Mrs. (school or organization name) _______ and I can be reached at________ .
I can assure you that your message/call will be promptly returned and an appointment will be courteously arranged through Barb.