Monday, September 28, 2009

Scolding a Yuppette...

As many of you know, I also work as an artist ( of 40 years) under the pseudonym: William Paul.
My stone sculptings and paintings are open for view in the Main Store and Gallery (Crystal Chateau, and Earthstone Gallery).

A middle aged yuppie mom who brought her children to an event in the Dry Gulch Gem Mine, was bending my ear on how her son was so into gems, minerals and the like. She asked me if I had ever been to Hilton Head. I answered, no, and she went on to tell me of the "incredible" Gem and Mineral Shop that she took her son to at that resort. In fact, everything that she described from the Hilton Head Store is also for sale In Crystal Chateau! As I politely listened, I motioned toward Crystal Chateau and suggested that she walk the five steps into the store where she could see some "Equally Amazing" items that are hand sculpted from genuine gems and minerals (right here in our own little town). Her response was both ignorant and slightly pernicious. "I really don't have the time, but if you're ever in Hilton Head, it's a beautiful shop... you surely must see it".

SHAME... You are at Dry Gulch for a two hour event, what do you mean you don't have the time? And, how wrong of you to assume that I, (Sheriff Bill) would be so impressed by your pretentious name dropping of "Hilton Head". Time for a reality check lady!