Saturday, August 15, 2009

Counselors, Teachers, Chaperone's...

At a recent field trip I was all set to walk the trail after the initial ten minute orientation, which I give at the beginning of every event. As I approached the main trail I overheard two young counselors who had just plopped down on a sitting log that is perched under a sun umbrella. She turned to the other and stated: "I'm bored"! The other replied: "I'm really tired"!

Just a tip to all Counselors, Teachers, and Chaperone's... The Gem Mine is for the benefit of the kids. Cool it with the complaints! This is their special time of enchantment in their young lives. The Dry Gulch Gem Mine is not about you, and the teachers and counselors are after all... getting paid! Try to remember when you were a kid, and an adult did something special for YOU.